Former Olympic star Colin Jackson at Kimbolton
ON THE RUN: Olympic medallist Colin Jackson was at Kimbolton School last week to put pupils through their paces prior to the Tesco Great School Run – an event which could be the UK’s biggest ever fun run.
More than 500 young runners and parents from the four schools in Cambridgeshire joined the former hurdler Kimbolton School for a training run, and a discussion about healthy eating on Monday, May 23.
The event was prganised in preparation for the Tesco fun run, which will involve more than one million children taking part up to July 22.
Now in its seventh year, the event, organised by those behind the iconic Great North Run and Tesco, encourages children and their parents to get fit and healthy through exercise and healthy eating.
Colin Jackson, who is supporting the event, said: “The day is all about getting the children engaged in exercise, talking about healthy eating and warming them up ahead of this year’s event.
You may also want to watch:
“The Tesco Great School Run is a great way to get children active. It’s fantastic to be involved and to see so many children from the area getting so excited ahead of the run.”
- 1 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 2 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 6 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 9 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village