Former hospital site to be a “health and wellness village” as trust announces winning bidder
- Credit: Archant
Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has today (Friday) announced that Global Healthcare Real Estate Ltd has won the bid to acquire the site of its former hospital in Papworth Everard.
Global Healthcare Real Estate Ltd, chaired by investor and entrepreneur Grace Bian, has bought the land to open a five-star health and wellness village comprising a country club and spa, convalescence and rehabilitation units, villas, and apartments.
The trust said it was 'unable' to say how much the firm had paid to acquire the site.
The 13-acre site's redevelopment follows the world renowned heart and lung hospital's move to the Cambridge Biomedical Campus earlier this year.
A Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust spokesman said: "The trust can confirm that the site is being sold to Global Healthcare Real Estate Ltd and we look forward to seeing the plans as they develop.
You may also want to watch:
"We welcome the fact that the historic site is retaining its connections with healthcare through a health and wellness village."
Grace Bian, chairman of Global Healthcare Real Estate Ltd, said: "We are excited about the future prospects of the site and look forward to working closely with the local community."
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives