Former Hinchingbrooke student hitting the big time Stateside
- Credit: Archant
A FORMER Hinchingbrooke student is hoping to make it big as an actress in America, having secured the lead role in a new play.
Langley Brandon is appearing as Joan Deveraux in the play Murder in Green Meadows at the Bickford Theatre in New Jersey.
Langley grew up in Buckden, where she attended Buckden C of E Primary School and went to study A Levels in drama and art at Hinchingbrooke School.
From the age of 11, Langley, now 28, was a member of the Buckden-based theatre school Stagework Studios.
She won a scholarship to the Midlands Academy of Dance and Drama in Nottingham at 18 but a year later re-auditioned and attended Hertfordshire Theatre School in Hitchin. After graduating as ‘most promising student’ she moved to London, where she appeared in a number of plays, as well as panto and television ads.
You may also want to watch:
After a stint as a principal singer on P&O Oceana, Langley moved to New York, where she also clocked up a number of acting credits.
Murder in Green Meadows was written by Douglas Post and directed by Duncan M Rogers. Langley plays Joan, who moves to a new neighbourhood with her husband, where the couple befriend their new neighbours, before “mayhem and diabolical mind games” ensue.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 4 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 5 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 6 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 7 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 8 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 9 Pasco Hussain is named as the new mayor of St Ives
- 10 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
INFORMATION: You can follow Langley at www.langleybrandon.com