Former Hinchingbrooke student hitting the big time Stateside
- Credit: Archant
A FORMER Hinchingbrooke student is hoping to make it big as an actress in America, having secured the lead role in a new play.
Langley Brandon is appearing as Joan Deveraux in the play Murder in Green Meadows at the Bickford Theatre in New Jersey.
Langley grew up in Buckden, where she attended Buckden C of E Primary School and went to study A Levels in drama and art at Hinchingbrooke School.
From the age of 11, Langley, now 28, was a member of the Buckden-based theatre school Stagework Studios.
She won a scholarship to the Midlands Academy of Dance and Drama in Nottingham at 18 but a year later re-auditioned and attended Hertfordshire Theatre School in Hitchin. After graduating as ‘most promising student’ she moved to London, where she appeared in a number of plays, as well as panto and television ads.
You may also want to watch:
After a stint as a principal singer on P&O Oceana, Langley moved to New York, where she also clocked up a number of acting credits.
Murder in Green Meadows was written by Douglas Post and directed by Duncan M Rogers. Langley plays Joan, who moves to a new neighbourhood with her husband, where the couple befriend their new neighbours, before “mayhem and diabolical mind games” ensue.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
INFORMATION: You can follow Langley at www.langleybrandon.com