Former Blue Peter presenter and school choir among the guests at opening of St Neots care home.
- Credit: Archant
Former Blue Peter presenter Janet Ellis was the guest of honour at the official opening of a new care home in St Neots on May 25.
The broadcaster and author opened the Nelson Lodge care home, in Eaton Socon, and was given a guided tour of the new 64-bed care facility.
Other guests included St Neots mayor, Councillor Derek Giles, and mayoress, Councillor Sandie Giles and pupils from Bushmead Primary School who sang several songs and Mary Smith, the care home’s first resident, who cut the cake.
Janet also shared some baking, crafting and general gardening knowledge, gained during her four years as a Blue Peter presenter, with residents and guests at the party.
“It’s clear from meeting the care team and residents today that Nelson Lodge is a wonderful home, full of fun and laughter,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“Participating in the baking, gardening and crafts today has made me realise how entertaining it must be for residents and staff, with all these fabulous activities going on all the time. It is an absolute joy to be here in this very special building.”
Jane Trimarco, Nelson Lodge care home manager said: “We are very pleased to be officially opening Nelson Lodge care home in St Neots. We pride ourselves on giving older people a choice of great places to live, and we are proud to say that Nelson Lodge is an excellent example of a great place to live.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 9 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 10 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
Nelson Lodge care home provides care for older people as well as specialist dementia care. The home is part of Anchor, England’s largest not-for-profit provider of housing and care to older people.