Forest School in St Neots is helping children to shine in the great outdoors
- Credit: Archant
Staff and pupils at Priory Park Infants School are celebrating after learning the school has been recognised for its efforts to encourage children outside the classroom.
The school is only the fourth in the country to be named as a Forest School Provider after three years of hard work.
Forest School enhances a child’s holistic wellbeing and gives children an amazing opportunity to be outside, direct their own learning, boost confidence and self-esteem, and develop independence whilst connecting with the natural environment.
“We are thrilled to have our commitment to Forest School acknowledged and be recognised for the first-class quality provision we offer to all children in our school,” says Linda Rowley, Forest School leader.
“It’s such a privilege to see another side to the children. Some children who may not shine in the constraints of a classroom, come into their own in the forest. Their creativity, imagination and problem solving often blows us away. It’s heart-warming to see them develop and grow.”
You may also want to watch:
The school has arranged three open days for prospective parents, on October 30, November 21 and January 8 where there will be a chance to find more about Forest School and other aspects of the school. Call the school on 01480 398010 for an appointment time.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Buckden celebrate first cup win in decades with home-grown squad