Football-mad friends enjoy night to remember as Cambridge United hosted Leeds in FA Cup clash
- Credit: Archant
Football-mad friends Harvey Balchin and George Peters had a night to remember as they were picked to be mascots for Cambridge United’s FA Cup clash with Leeds United.
Harvey, 7, from Bluntisham, and George, 8, from Earith, are both season ticket holders at Cambridge’s Cambs Glass Stadium and joined the players as they walked out onto the pitch ahead of Monday’s match.
The pair also enjoyed a kick-about with their favourite players on the pitch in the run-up to kick-off. Both youngsters play for Bluntisham Blasters colts football team.
The match was screened live to thousands of people around the country on BT Sport and the pair were cheered on by family members in the crowd.
Harvey’s mum, Kate, said: “The boys were put into an FA draw with 40 other children and they were picked out. Both of them were speechless because they’re such big fans of Cambridge.”
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately for the boys, the U’s surrendered the lead to lose 2-1 on the night, but there was a silver lining for the pair, as they were pictured with United goalscorer Uche Ikpeazu.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester