Fly-tippers dump ‘industrial waste’ in Glatton field
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a large amount of ‘industrial waste’ was dumped in Glatton.
The incident is believed to have taken place overnight between Thursday, September 8, and the following morning, in Glatton Road.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “In particular we are keen to hear from anyone who saw a commercial vehicle in Glatton Road on the evening of September 8.
“The vehicle is believed to have illegally dumped industrial waste in a field entrance and damaged a metal farm gate in the process.
“This type of crime does not only cost considerable amounts of money to clear up but it is also a health and safety and environmental risk.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 8 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates