Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- Credit: Cambs Police
A car spun out of control and overturned after police tried to stop the driver on suspicion of drink driving.
And a second driver who also tried to flee traffic cops elsewhere in the county was caught and arrested.
“These two drivers tried their best to escape our road policing officers in St Neots and Thorney over the weekend”, said a police spokesperson.
“Thankfully there were no injuries but both were caught driving under the influence.”
Police continue to urge people to report drink or drug drivers on their confidential hotline 0800 032 0845.
You may also want to watch:
Last week four men were disqualified from driving after being caught drink driving in Fenland and Peterborough.
The spokesperson said: “We are working hard to tackle the issue across Cambridgeshire but are asking drivers to rethink getting behind the wheel after consuming alcohol.
- 1 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 2 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 3 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 4 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 5 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 6 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 7 Fundraising campaign to help transform 'dangerous' garden for two children
- 8 St Neots woman to walk more than 800 miles for CPSL Mind
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight
“Drink driving not only endangers the life of the driver, but also other road users around them. The legal limit is 35 but we recommend you stay at zero.”