Five further arrests following Huntingdon stabbings
POLICE investigating two stabbings in Huntingdon over the weekend have made five further arrests overnight, it was revealed this morning (Tuesday).
Two 18-year-old men, a 17-year-old man, a 19-year-old man and a 22-year-old man have been arrested on suspicion of assault. The men, all from Huntingdon, were in custody at the town’s police station.
Meanwhile Barry Meenan, aged 19, of Cromwell Court, Huntingdon, has been charged with using threatening, abusive, insulting words or behaviour to cause fear or provoke unlawful violence and possession of an offensive weapon.
He will appear at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Two stabbings – and another assault – all took place overnight on Saturday/Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The first incident happened 9.20pm on Saturday when a 17-year-old man was assaulted by four men at the Acorn Centre. The man suffered head injuries but did not receive medical treatment.
Officers were alerted to the second incident at 1.05am when ambulance reported an injured man in Sallowbush Road. The 19-year-old man was taken to Papworth Hospital with serious injuries and remains in hospital in a stable condition. Details of the incident are sketchy but the victim received one stab wound during the assault.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
Police were called to the third incident at 3.35am after the ambulance service were called to an injured man in Nene Road. The 23-year-old victim had been assaulted and received several stab wounds. He was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital with serious injuries and remains there in a stable condition.
Officers have confirmed that a 19-year-old man from Huntingdon remained in a stable condition in Papworth Hospital and a 23-year-old man, also from Huntingdon, remained in a stable condition in Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.