Fitness firm unveils plan for round-the-clock gym in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon could be set to welcome its first 24-hour gym after plans were submitted to convert an empty premises.
Gym chain, Anytime Fitness has put forward a proposal to create the facility where users can “work out at their convenience” in Unit 9, of St Benedict’s Court.
Under the proposal, the unit, which has been sat empty for three years, would be given a new lease of life by the company, which has 3,000 gyms globally.
In the submitted plans, the company noted: “Gym members would use a security-access key fob to enter the club at all times, even when it is not staffed.
“Members who use Anytime Fitness clubs outside normal hours often include shift workers such as health service personnel, and police and fire service staff.
You may also want to watch:
“Other anticipated users of the proposed gym would include residents of the surrounding area, people who work at nearby businesses, and other members from the local community who are keen to maintain their fitness and well-being,” the plans added.
The new gym would have eight full permanent members of staff, including a full time manager, and has around 443 square metres of space available for state-of-the-art exercise equipment.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
To enter the gym, members would use a swipe entry key fob which is linked to their member account.
“All of our gyms have a gym manager who will monitor the entrance and greet people as they enter, along with personal trainers and other gym staff to help members,” the company added.
“We have members coming and going all day long, creating an active, vibrant facility that contributes positively to an area.”
The gym will be staffed between the hours of 9am and 9pm during the week and between the hours of 10am and 4pm on weekends. It is also expected that a timetable of group classes will take place within staffed hours.