Fish and Chip shop wins award
- Credit: Mick Cox
A fish and chip shop in St Neots has won an award for its "high quality food and customer service".
Cox’s at The Lighthouse, Kester Way, Love's Farm, has won a Fry Award 2021 to recognised its takeaway services.
Following an unannounced mystery dining visit, shops and mobile units were marked on more than 40 aspects of their business, from the quality of the food and customer service to their social media presence and their Covid-safe practices.
Once again, the food remained the main focus, with all outlets assessed on the flakiness of the fish, the crispness of the chips and the crunch of the batter, alongside value for money.
Owner of the shop, Mick Cox said: “We are absolutely delighted, we have only been open for just under two and a half years.
You may also want to watch:
“This is actually the second time we have won this award, we have also been awarded in the top 60 of a seafish competition as well."
- 1 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 2 Over 300 runners lace up their boots for virtual event in St Neots
- 3 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 4 Ten motorists charged with drink driving over Bank Holiday weekend
- 5 Runners from across Cambs raise £2,000 in two-day charity relay
- 6 More people returning to high streets now lockdown has eased
- 7 Thrilling derby ends with win for St Ives & Warboys at Eaton Socon
- 8 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 9 Operating theatres revamp at Hinchingbrooke Hospital given approval
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire