Fish and chip shop is named best in the region
- Credit: Archant
A chip shop in St Neots has been named as the best in the region.
Traditional Fish and Chips, in Cambridge Street, has won the Independent Takeaway Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award for Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk and will now compete to be Eastern England’s best fish and chip shop.
In the early stages of the awards, organised by Seafish, contenders faced rigorous judging and were appraised by industry experts across a variety of judging criteria, including menu development and innovation, sustainable sourcing policies, staff training processes, and marketing and promotional activities.
They also received mystery shopping assessments by industry experts to ascertain customer service levels and the quality of their fish and chips.
Once the 10 regional winners have been announced, they will compete for the overall national title, which will be announced in January.
You may also want to watch:
Marcus Coleman, chief executive at Seafish, said: “The Independent Takeaway Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award is one of the highest honours a fish and chip business can receive.
“Many of our past winners and finalists have gone on to reap substantial benefits, including increased customer footfall and turnover and media fame; some have even launched their own branded products.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
“Receiving this award is the pinnacle of many fryers’ careers, but only one can take home the eventual overall national title. Before then, I would like to offer up my congratulations to the short-listed businesses and wish them the best of luck as they battle for the regional titles.”