First part of £3.8m St Ives leisure centre renovation to be unveiled
- Credit: Archant
THE first parts of the refurbished Indoor Centre in St Ives will be unveiled this week.
The male swimming pool changing room which will be the first part of the £3.8million scheme to be open to the public when it is unveiled by Friday.
Builders working hard on a new entrance to the centre will see their efforts come to fruition next week when it is opened. The centre’s new cafe Zest and the Impressions Free Weights gym are also due to open next week.
A spokesman for the leisure centre said: “It’s an exciting time. The foyer of the new entrance is quite impressive and we can’t wait for the public to see.
“The centre is now updated to what people expect of a leisure facility.”
You may also want to watch:
The next part of the scheme to be opened is the five-lane boutique bowling alley on February 4.
The Impressions Main Gym is still on course to move to the top floor of the building oin May to open alongside the Pure Day Spa, with the creche opening in July.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Councillor Jason Ablewhite, executive leader of Huntingdonshire District Council, which runs the facility, said he was delighted the scheme was running on time and on budget.