John and Ann are first patients in St Neots to receive Covid vaccine
- Credit: Cambs CCG
Two people from the St Neots area have become the first locally to receive the Covid-19 vaccination.
John Shufflebotham, 81, and Ann Field, 82, both from Eaton Ford, had the jab in a centre run in collaboration by local healthcare providers Lakeside Healthcare and St Neots Health Care.
Sarah Parren, hub manager at Lakeside Healthcare, said: “Our first week of vaccinations has gone well with lots of our most vulnerable patients getting vaccinated.
"Our staff and volunteers have done an amazing job in both booking patients in, supporting patients, as well as giving the vaccines too.”
Further centres are being rolled out across the district with older care home residents and staff, those aged 80 or over and health and social care staff, those aged 75 or over and people aged 70 plus and the extremely vulnerable being given top priorities.
You may also want to watch:
The government expects to carry out 13 million inoculations by the spring in the biggest programme the nation has seen.
- 1 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 4 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Event to remember village's war hero
- 7 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 8 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 9 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 10 Prison for dealer who rammed police car