John and Ann are first patients in St Neots to receive Covid vaccine
- Credit: Cambs CCG
Two people from the St Neots area have become the first locally to receive the Covid-19 vaccination.
John Shufflebotham, 81, and Ann Field, 82, both from Eaton Ford, had the jab in a centre run in collaboration by local healthcare providers Lakeside Healthcare and St Neots Health Care.
Sarah Parren, hub manager at Lakeside Healthcare, said: “Our first week of vaccinations has gone well with lots of our most vulnerable patients getting vaccinated.
"Our staff and volunteers have done an amazing job in both booking patients in, supporting patients, as well as giving the vaccines too.”
Further centres are being rolled out across the district with older care home residents and staff, those aged 80 or over and health and social care staff, those aged 75 or over and people aged 70 plus and the extremely vulnerable being given top priorities.
You may also want to watch:
The government expects to carry out 13 million inoculations by the spring in the biggest programme the nation has seen.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 6 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 7 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village