John and Ann are first patients in St Neots to receive Covid vaccine
- Credit: Cambs CCG
Two people from the St Neots area have become the first locally to receive the Covid-19 vaccination.
John Shufflebotham, 81, and Ann Field, 82, both from Eaton Ford, had the jab in a centre run in collaboration by local healthcare providers Lakeside Healthcare and St Neots Health Care.
Sarah Parren, hub manager at Lakeside Healthcare, said: “Our first week of vaccinations has gone well with lots of our most vulnerable patients getting vaccinated.
"Our staff and volunteers have done an amazing job in both booking patients in, supporting patients, as well as giving the vaccines too.”
Further centres are being rolled out across the district with older care home residents and staff, those aged 80 or over and health and social care staff, those aged 75 or over and people aged 70 plus and the extremely vulnerable being given top priorities.
The government expects to carry out 13 million inoculations by the spring in the biggest programme the nation has seen.
- 1 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend
- 4 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 5 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 See the average house price for Cambridgeshire's 'top' villages
- 8 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 9 Council chiefs left with 'no option' other than tax hike
- 10 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer