First Capital Connect adamant that Huntingdon railway station car parking spaces are no smaller than before despite complaints
- Credit: Archant
Train firm First Capital Connect says the newly-repainted parking spaces at Huntingdon Railway Station’s car park are no narrower than before.
Commuter Jamie Webb contacted The Hunts Post to say he was convinced the parking bays had shrunk.
“They are adamant they are the same size, yet they refuse to check the sizes and they have refused to try parking a car in the space too,” he said.
“You can park a car but you can no longer get in or out of your car properly.”
Mr Webb said the issue had been made worse by the fact that parking management company APCOA had been issuing fines to drivers who had not parked in the bays properly.
You may also want to watch:
“Whilst APCOA are entitled to fine people who don’t park correctly, First Capital Connect should provide a space which is practical to the majority of users,” he added.
A First Capital Connect spokesman denied the size of the parking spaces had changed. “The bays are definitely no narrower than before,” he said.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
“APCOA is enforcing the terms and conditions associated with parking at the station which are designed to ensure that motorists do not take up more than one space.”