Firefighters were called to a fire in Yaxley on Friday, to find a garden shed on fire.

The blaze, which also spread to a conservatory, was caused after a disposable barbeque which was not extinguished was placed on a bin.

A fire crew from Dogsthorpe and a crew from Stanground were called to the fire in Green Lane, at about 4.30pm.

Wearing breathing apparatus, the fire crews extinguished the blaze using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 6.10pm.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "The fire was caused by a disposable barbeque being placed on top of a bin that was not fully extinguished.

"Please ensure that when you have finished cooking that the barbeque is cool before you move it and never dispose of the ash in a dustbin. With disposable barbeques in particular, consider leaving them to cool once they have burned out and pour water on to ensure they are fully extinguished."