Firefighters were called to a blaze in Eaton Ford yesterday (Wednesday) after a tumble dryer caught fire.

Crews from Huntingdon and St Neots found that the fire had started in the kitchen of the house in Arnhem Close, at around 11.46am.

Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel.

The occupants were safely out of the property before the crews arrived.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “It is important to ensure the filters and vents in a tumble dryer are cleared regularly, as the build-up of material can catch fire and ignite quickly.

“The fire in this property caused significant damage to the property, particularly the kitchen.”

The cause of the fire was accidental and started from the tumble dryer.

Crews returned to their stations by 3.40pm.