Firefighters tackled blaze at Eaton Ford home started by tumble dryer
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a blaze in Eaton Ford yesterday (Wednesday) after a tumble dryer caught fire.
Crews from Huntingdon and St Neots found that the fire had started in the kitchen of the house in Arnhem Close, at around 11.46am.
Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel.
The occupants were safely out of the property before the crews arrived.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “It is important to ensure the filters and vents in a tumble dryer are cleared regularly, as the build-up of material can catch fire and ignite quickly.
You may also want to watch:
“The fire in this property caused significant damage to the property, particularly the kitchen.”
The cause of the fire was accidental and started from the tumble dryer.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Crews returned to their stations by 3.40pm.