Firefighters tackle Warboys roof fire
THREE fire crews were called to a house fire in Warboys on Thursday afternoon.
Firefighters from Ramsey, Chatteris and Huntingdon, and the turntable ladder from Dogsthorpe in Peterborough, were called to the property in Ramsey Road at 2pm.
Crews used the turntable ladder to extinguish the fire on the roof of the house and cut away at the roof to ensure it did not spread.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
Nigel Burgess, station commander for the fire service, said: “The fire spread from some nearby pampas grass, which had been burnt back but was still smouldering, and spread up the wall of the house to the roof.
You may also want to watch:
“Fortunately, thanks to the swift actions of firefighters, the fire did not spread beyond a small area of the roof.
“It is dangerous to burn anything close to your house, especially when the weather is warm and dry. Even if you think a fire is out it can still be smouldering and can quickly spread to your house as this incident demonstrates.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan