Sawtry car fire believed to be arson
- Credit: Archant
A fire in a car in Sawtry last night (Wednesday) is believed to be arson, firefighters have said.
They have urged anyone with information about the fire, in Annesley Close, to contact police.
The fire was reported shortly before 10.30pm and a crew from Sawtry tackled the blaze wearing breathing apparatus and using hoses. They were at the scene for about an hour and a half.
Firefighters said the cause of the fire was believed to be deliberate and urged anyone with information about it to contact police at www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
Two fire crews from Huntingdon and a crew from St Neots were called out to deal with a blazing car on a trailer on the A14 near Spaldwick earlier that evening.
You may also want to watch:
They found the vehicle “well alight” on the trailer on the eastbound carriageway near Spaldwick following reports of the fire just before 6pm.
Firefighters said thee cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens