Firefighters tackle straw bale blaze in Great Stukeley
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to tackle a blaze involving a large stack of baled straw near Huntingdon.
Two crews from the town attended a fire at Green End, in Great Stukeley at about 2pm on Thursday (October 26).
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters arrived to find a stack of baled straw, measuring around 30 metres by 30 metres, alight.
“Using hose reels they stopped the fire from intensifying and worked with the on site farm team to break up the stack to avoid any further spread.
“The stack has been left with the farm to burn out safely. Crews made regular checks overnight and will continue until the fire is fully out.”
You may also want to watch:
According to a fire service investigation, the cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge