Firefighters tackle stack blaze on Ramsey Farm
- Credit: Archant
Crews were called to a straw bale fire last night (July 16).
Firefighters from Ramsey and Whittlesey attended the incident at 10.55pm on the B660 in Ramsey St Mary.
About 50 tonnes of straw were alight close to farm buildings containing expensive machinery.
Fire crews took around two hours to put of the blaze using hose reels to stop the flames from spreading.
The scene was then left in the care of the farmer.
You may also want to watch:
According to Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue the cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester