Fire service investigate New Year’s Day industrial blaze
- Credit: Archant
The fire service has said that they are still investigating the cause of a large fire in St Neots, which affected businesses in the area.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue service were called at around 2:40am on New Year's Day to a fire on an industrial estate in Eaton Socon.
More than 20 firefighters from around St Neots, Gamlingay, Kimbolton and Sandy in Bedfordshire, attended the incident in Forge Close.
Around 20-40 tonnes of plastic pellets on pallets were alight and the fire had spread to vehicles on the neighbouring TG Autos site. Crews worked hard to bring the fire under control and prevent it from spreading further.
One motor home, two vans and eight cars were involved in the fire and there was heat damage to adjacent buildings.
You may also want to watch:
Crews were at the scene until 5.40am.
The fire service has said that the cause of the fire is currently under investigation.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home