Firefighters tackle kitchen fire in St Neots home

Firefighters attended a house fire.

Firefighters attended a house fire. - Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service

A St Neots family fled their home on Saturday evening after a fire broke out in their kitchen.

Firefighters from St Neots and Huntingdon were sent to Linton Close, Eaton Socon just after 5pm as a fire started in an oven.

The family was out of the house by the time the fire crews arrived. The firefighters removed the oven from the kitchen and used ventilation fans to clear smoke from the home.

Crew commander Stuart Smith said: “A fire had broken out in the grill pan inside the oven and the resident did exactly the right thing by getting out of the property along with his family, staying out and dialling 999.

“They had working smoke alarms on each floor of their property and we would like to take this opportunity to remind residents to check their smoke alarms to make sure they are working and correctly fitted.”


You may also want to watch:


The crews were back at base by 6.10pm.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus