Firefighters tackle kitchen fire in St Neots home
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
A St Neots family fled their home on Saturday evening after a fire broke out in their kitchen.
Firefighters from St Neots and Huntingdon were sent to Linton Close, Eaton Socon just after 5pm as a fire started in an oven.
The family was out of the house by the time the fire crews arrived. The firefighters removed the oven from the kitchen and used ventilation fans to clear smoke from the home.
Crew commander Stuart Smith said: “A fire had broken out in the grill pan inside the oven and the resident did exactly the right thing by getting out of the property along with his family, staying out and dialling 999.
“They had working smoke alarms on each floor of their property and we would like to take this opportunity to remind residents to check their smoke alarms to make sure they are working and correctly fitted.”
You may also want to watch:
The crews were back at base by 6.10pm.
- 1 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 2 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 3 Outrage as racist graffiti is daubed on Huntingdon restaurant
- 4 Man with learning disability raises money for Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 6 Kings and Queens feature in Kimbolton's history
- 7 From The Archives: A story of our relationship with pubs
- 8 Man's frozen windscreen caused serious crash
- 9 Tribute to ‘inspirational ‘ teacher and family man Dan King
- 10 Police get 198 calls for Covid rule breakers - including groups in Brampton