Firefighters tackle kitchen fire in St Neots home
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
A St Neots family fled their home on Saturday evening after a fire broke out in their kitchen.
Firefighters from St Neots and Huntingdon were sent to Linton Close, Eaton Socon just after 5pm as a fire started in an oven.
The family was out of the house by the time the fire crews arrived. The firefighters removed the oven from the kitchen and used ventilation fans to clear smoke from the home.
Crew commander Stuart Smith said: “A fire had broken out in the grill pan inside the oven and the resident did exactly the right thing by getting out of the property along with his family, staying out and dialling 999.
“They had working smoke alarms on each floor of their property and we would like to take this opportunity to remind residents to check their smoke alarms to make sure they are working and correctly fitted.”
You may also want to watch:
The crews were back at base by 6.10pm.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 5 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 9 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years