Person is treated for smoke inhalation after shed fire spreads to house and car
- Credit: Archant
A householder was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a property in Yaxley.
Firefighters from Stanground, Dogsthorpe, the Peterborough Volunteers Fire Brigade, and Yaxely, along with a water carrier from Ramsey, attended the incident in Narrow Drove.
Crews were called shortly after 2.30am on Friday.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters arrived to find a fire involving a shed that had spread to a bungalow and a car. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and jets.
“One casualty required treatment at the scene for smoke inhalation and was left in the care of ambulance crews.”
You may also want to watch:
The crews returned to their stations by 7.10am.
An investigation determined the cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight