Firefighters tackle blaze at Wood Green Animal Shelter
- Credit: Archant
A fire broke out in the cellar of Wood Green Animal Shelter in Godmanchester yesterday afternoon.
One crew from Huntingdon and one crew from Papworth were called to the scene at 1.06pm where they found that the basement was filled with smoke.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and positive pressure ventilation fans were used to clear smoke from the building, which had spread into an arena area.
Thermal imaging cameras were then used to check for hotspots.
The cause of the fire was accidental, started by an electrical light fitting.
You may also want to watch:
Crews returned to their stations by 2.50pm.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan