One crew from Huntingdon and one crew from Papworth were called to the scene at 1.06pm where they found that the basement was filled with smoke. Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and positive pressure ventilation fans were used to clear smoke from the building, which had spread into an arena area. Thermal imaging cameras were then used to check for hotspots. The cause of the fire was accidental, started by an electrical light fitting. Crews returned to their stations by 2.50pm.