Firefighters rush to Alconbury house fire

Firefighters extinguished the blaze.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze. - Credit: Archant

FIREFIGHTERS extinguished a chimney blaze in Alconbury on Friday evening.

The fire, in a home in Rufts Lanes, broke out at 5pm and was under control by 7.05pm.

Fire crews reinspected the property three times in 24 hours to ensue the fire was completely out.

The cause of fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter