Firefighters extinguish out of control barbecue fire
FIREFIGHTERS put out a barbecue fire in Grafham last night (Tuesday).
Flames erupted around a gas barbecue and threatened a house in Home Close at 7.15pm. A fire crew from Huntingdon put out the fire and cooled down the gas cylinder, still attached to the grill.
A fire service spokesman said: “Now it is summer, make sure your barbecue is in working order and a good distance from houses or flammable materials to keep them safe.
“To check for leaks, submerge the connecting tubes in water and check for bubbles.”
The cause of fire was accidental and was under control by 8.40pm.