Firefighters extinguish kitchen fire in St Neots home

House fire tackled by firefighters

House fire tackled by firefighters - Credit: Archant

FIREFIGHTERS tackled a blaze in a St Neots house last night (Monday).

The crews from St Neots were sent to the home in Hawthorn Road shortly before 5pm to extinguish a fire in the kitchen.

The fire was put out by 5.23pm and the cause was electrical equipment.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The house fire was contained to the kitchen and didn’t spread to other parts of the house.

“There was smoke damage, but thanks to the positive pressure ventilation fan use, the impact of the smoke to the rest to the house was reduced.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter