Firefighters extinguish fire at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A fire has broken out at Hinchingbrooke Hospital this afternoon (Thursday).
Firefighters from Huntingdon, St Neots and Sawtry were sent to the hospital at 3.17pm after a fire started in a utility room.
The fire started in a dishwasher and was extinguished by 4pm and firefighters were using fans to clear smoke from the room.
A spokesman for Hinchingbrooke Hospital said: “We can confirm that a small fire was extinguished by the fire services this afternoon at Hinchingbrooke.
“The fire was in a side room that is not used for patient care. The nearest ward was not affected by any smoke, and no-one was harmed.
You may also want to watch:
“The cause is still under investigation.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'