Firefighters deal with two burning vehicles in Huntingdonshire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze in a lorry on the A1 near Sawtry early this morning (Wednesday).
Crews from Sawtry, Huntingdon, Yaxley and the water carrier from Ramsey all attended the incident just before 4am in which the vehicle was described as being “well alight”.
Firefighters were at the scene for around two hours and said the incident was accidental.
A crew from Huntingdon also dealt with an arson attack on an abandoned car at Essex Road in the town on Tuesday night.
They found the car “well alight” just before 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was deliberate and firefighters urged anyone with information to contact police on www.cambs-police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess