Firefighters called to van fire in St Ives

Fire crews were called to make the damaged chimney safe

Fire crews were called to make the damaged chimney safe - Credit: Archant

Firefighters tackled a van fire in St Ives this morning.

One crew from Huntingdon was called to the fire in Beech Drive at 9.20am. Wearing breathing apparatus, they used a hose reel to extinguish the flames.

The cause of the fire was accidental, caused by an electrical fault with the van.

The crew had returned to their station by 10.35am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter