Firefighters called to shed fire in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters battled a shed fire in Huntingdon yesterday (December 11).
One crew from Huntingdon were called to Elm Close at 6.30pm, where they used hose reels to extinguish the flames.
The cause of the fire was accidental, caused by an electrical light fitting.
Watch Commander Eddie Theaker said: “This fire started in an electrical light fitting.
“We would encourage residents to regularly check electrical items, including light fittings, in their homes to make sure they are safe and in good working order.”
You may also want to watch:
The fire crew had returned to their station by 7.35pm.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester