Firefighters called to house fire in Yaxley

Fire engine.

Fire engine. - Credit: Archant

Firefighters rushed to the scene after a fuse box caught fire at a house in Yaxley on Sunday.

One crew from Stanground and one crew from Dogsthorpe went to the house in Birch Close, where a fuse box in a kitchen cupboard was alight.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a CO2 extinguisher to put out the fire.

The cause of the fire was accidental, by the equipment.

Crews returned to their stations by 3.20pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter