Firefighters battle St Neots chimney fire

The chimney of the home caught light on Friday.

The chimney of the home caught light on Friday. - Credit: Archant

A fire broke out in the chimney of a house in St Neots on Friday (January 2).

One crew from the town was called to Drewels Lane, Eynesbury Hardwicke, at 5.17pm. They extinguished the flames before returning to base by 7.15pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter