Firefighters battle house fire in Hemingford Abbots

Firefighters were called to Meadow Lane yesterday.

Firefighters were called to Meadow Lane yesterday. - Credit: Archant

Firefighters tackled a blaze at a house in Hemingford Abbots.

One crew from Huntingdon and one from St Ives were called to a fire in Meadow Lane at 7.31pm yesterday (Wednesday).

A fire had broken out involving both the house and garage.

Crews extinguished the flames before returning to their stations by 10.10pm.

The fire was caused accidentally by an electrical item.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter