Firefighters attend second chimney fire in Huntingdonshire in two days
FIREFIGHTERS have issued advice following the second chimney fire in Huntingdonshire in just over 24 hours.
One crew from Huntingdon was called to a blaze on Wallmans Lane in Ramsey at 7.20pm last night. Firefighters arrived and extinguished the flames using chimney gear.
They had returned to their station by 8.40pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
Th day before, a crew from St Ives attended a chimney blaze at a house in Pound Road, Hemingford Grey, shortly after 5.30pm. They returned to their station an hour later after extinguishing the fire.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokesperson said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
For further advice, contact your local fire station or log onto www.cambsfire.gov.uk
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding