Firefighters and staff celebrate 50 years of St Neots Fire Station
- Credit: Archant
Current and past fire-fighters and members of staff came together to celebrate the 50th anniversary of St Neots Fire Station last week.
Members of the public will be able to join in the celebration as an open day event is being held on June 30.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service, station commander, Vicky Best, said:
“We were honoured to be joined by so many past and current serving members of St Neots Fire Station for our 50th anniversary. Many things have changed over the years, and it was great to be able to share memories of our experiences during the last five decades.”
She added: “This summer, a special open day is being held where we hope many people in the community will be able to join us in celebrating our history.”
You may also want to watch:
The open day will feature tributes to the old and the new, and visitors will get the chance to see the latest equipment, as well as some of the old equipment from the 1960’s fire engines.
There will also be a barbecue and a ‘dunk the firefighter’ event, bouncy castle and the ambulance service will provide a CPR demonstration.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse