The fire service attended three incidents in Huntingdonshire over the weekend.

On Saturday (November 29) at 9.06pm, a crew from Huntingdon were called to tackle a car fire on the A14 westbound between junction 16 for Catworth and junction 15 for Keyston. It started accidentally, and firefighters extinguished it before returning to base by 10pm.

On Sunday at 9.37pm, a crew from Kimbolton were alerted to a chimney fire in The Highway, Great Staughton.

They put out the flames and were back at their stations by 11.40pm. The cause of the fire was accidental. A fire service spokesman urged residents to get their chimneys swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year to help prevent fires starting.

At 9.40pm the same day, a crew from Huntingdon, Sawtry, and Ramsey were called to a house fire in Moat Lane, Abbots Ripton.

A fire had broken out in the ground floor laundry room of a property next to a thatched roof public house.

Firefighters put out the flames before using fans to clear the smoke. They were back at base by 11.15pm.

Station commander Carl Pardon said: "The cause of the fire was accidental. The fire started when tea towels left inside a tumble dryer too long were taken out and put in a basket, where they self-combusted. Luckily the property was not damaged and the fire was contained to the laundry basket and the towels involved, which we believe were saturated with cooking oils from years of use."