Fire started at Halifax building society in St Neots
A FIRE was started deliberately in the lobby area of the Halifax building society in St Neots.
Two crews from St Neots fire station were called to the branch of the bank in the High Street at 10.55pm yesterday (Tuesday, December 4).
They used a hose reel and a jet to extinguish the fire and returned to their base by 12.05am.
“The cause of the fire was deliberate,” a fire service spokesman confirmed.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said officers were looking to speak to a 5ft 11in male, with brown spiky hair and wearing a black jacket, in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the force on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k