Fire service warning after Eaton Ford blaze

fire-engines

- Credit: Archant

Firefighters have warned of the risks from smoking materials which have not been extinguished properly following a blaze in a fence and garage at Eaton Ford last night (May 1).

Two crews from St neots were called to the incident in Constable Avenue shortly after 7pm and used hoses to put out the fire.

A fire service spokesman said: “The fire was caused by smoking materials not being fully extinguished.

“When you stub out a cigarette ask yourself if it is really out, even when stubbing out outside.

“Tobacco is designed to stay alight and, as a result, cigarettes can easily start an accidental fire, so make sure you have put it out properly.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter