Fire on telegraph pole in Southoe

A fire crew from St Neots was called to a blaze in an 11,000 kilovolt insulator at the top of a telegraph pole, in Rectory Lane, Southoe.

A fire crew from St Neots was called to a blaze in an 11,000 kilovolt insulator at the top of a telegraph pole, in Rectory Lane, Southoe.

The crews arrived at 5.20pm on Tuesday and were assisted by UK Power who switched off the electricity supply to allow the fire to be extinguished.

Crews then used a cherry picker and a hose reel to put the fire out.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter