Fire fighters release their own ‘tear jerking’ take on the John Lewis Advert
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue service has created their own take on this years John Lewis advert, encouraging people to become fire fighters.
With Christmas spirit in the air, the fire service has given John Lewis a run for their money after creating their own mini film.
The remake of the advert has a slight twist, with the video ending on the message of ‘Christmas – inspiring life saving stars as well as pop stars’.
Hayley Douglas, Head of Media at Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service, was one of the people behind the video.
Hayley said: “I was watching the advert and thought that we could do something like this. Once we mentioned it in the office we knew that we had to do something really quickly, so decided to pull together and film the video on Saturday,
You may also want to watch:
“I managed to gather some children together, including my son, and film the whole thing at the weekend, and edit it in around five days.
“We had zero budget for this, but really hoped it will inspire people to become fire-fighters. The filming was very basic and it was just us with an Iphone, nothing fancy at all.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
“We had recently done so research which said that the toys that you play with when you are younger can inspire you when you are older, so we are hoping the advert inspires some people.”
The video was published today on the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service Twitter saying: “We know it’s not much (there was no budget for it), but it’s the best we can do. It may be quite simple, but now that it’s done, we can only say to John Lewis & Sir Elton, we hope you don’t mind, we hope you don’t mind.”
The advert takes the viewer through the journey of a young boy and girl, who are given fire-fighter related gifts for Christmas, and their journey to become a member of the fire service.
People have commented saying that it was ‘better than the original by a million miles’ and that it is ‘brilliant, inspirational and tear jerking. Everything it should be.’
For more information visit the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue service twitter on: https://twitter.com/cambsfrs.