Fire fighters release their own ‘tear jerking’ take on the John Lewis Advert
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue service has created their own take on this years John Lewis advert, encouraging people to become fire fighters.
With Christmas spirit in the air, the fire service has given John Lewis a run for their money after creating their own mini film.
The remake of the advert has a slight twist, with the video ending on the message of ‘Christmas – inspiring life saving stars as well as pop stars’.
Hayley Douglas, Head of Media at Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service, was one of the people behind the video.
Hayley said: “I was watching the advert and thought that we could do something like this. Once we mentioned it in the office we knew that we had to do something really quickly, so decided to pull together and film the video on Saturday,
“I managed to gather some children together, including my son, and film the whole thing at the weekend, and edit it in around five days.
“We had zero budget for this, but really hoped it will inspire people to become fire-fighters. The filming was very basic and it was just us with an Iphone, nothing fancy at all.
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 10 The latest Readers' Photos sent to the Hunts Post this week
“We had recently done so research which said that the toys that you play with when you are younger can inspire you when you are older, so we are hoping the advert inspires some people.”
The video was published today on the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service Twitter saying: “We know it’s not much (there was no budget for it), but it’s the best we can do. It may be quite simple, but now that it’s done, we can only say to John Lewis & Sir Elton, we hope you don’t mind, we hope you don’t mind.”
The advert takes the viewer through the journey of a young boy and girl, who are given fire-fighter related gifts for Christmas, and their journey to become a member of the fire service.
People have commented saying that it was ‘better than the original by a million miles’ and that it is ‘brilliant, inspirational and tear jerking. Everything it should be.’
For more information visit the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue service twitter on: https://twitter.com/cambsfrs.