Fire destroys upstairs of Catworth home
SEVEN crews were needed to tackle a fire at a home in Catworth in the early hours of Saturday morning.
The fire started in the roof of a detached house in Thrapston Road, and is believed to have been caused by faulty electrics.
There were no casualties in the blaze, but it took more than four hours for crews to extinguish the fire and make the scene safe following the call at 1.20am.
Firefighters approached the fire from the front and rear of the property, but could not save the roof of the house, which was completely destroyed. The upstairs was also heavily fire-damaged.
Crews from Kimbolton, Huntingdon, Sawtry, Cambridge and St Neots attended the fire, and appliances from Raunds and Thrapston in Northamptonshire were also mobilised due to the number of calls received.
You may also want to watch:
The turntable ladder was deployed from Cambridge to give crews a safe working platform, and the crews had returned to base by 5.35am.
A fire service spokesman said the cause of the fire was accidental and is believed to have started in the electrics in the loft.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k