Fire crews tackle large blaze at industrial unit
- Credit: Archant
An investigation is under way to determine the cause of a large fire at an industrial unit in Eynesbury.
The incident took place at a unit in Levellers Lane, with fire crews from St Neots, Papworth, Gamlingay, Kimbolton and Huntingdon, called to the scene shortly before 5.30pm on Friday.
An incident command unit from Huntingdon, an aerial appliance from Bedfordshire and a high volume pump from Cambourne, were also called to the scene.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Building materials inside the single storey building, measuring approximately 30m x 50m, had caught fire.
Firefighters used four jets, two hose reels and one water tower to extinguish the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
“Crews had returned to their stations by 2.40am and a crew went back a few hours later to check the site and dampen down again.”
The spokesman added that an investigation was taking place to determine the cause of the fire.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k