Fire crews from across country called to battle blaze in industrial area
- Credit: Archant
More than 40 firefighters were called to attend a fire in St Ives in the early hours of Saturday.
Crews from Huntingdon, Cambridge, Gamlingay, Chatteris, St Neots, Cottenham, Ely and Stanground, along with a crew from Potton in Bedfordshire, attended the incident, in Meadow Lane.
Crews were called to attend at about 4.15am.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Crews arrived to find a fire inside two buildings and a high level conveyer belt. Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used four hose reels to extinguish the fire before returning to their stations by 8.45am.
The incident was later re-inspected."
You may also want to watch:
An investigation determined the cause of the fire to be accidental.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity