Fire crews from across country called to battle blaze in industrial area
- Credit: Archant
More than 40 firefighters were called to attend a fire in St Ives in the early hours of Saturday.
Crews from Huntingdon, Cambridge, Gamlingay, Chatteris, St Neots, Cottenham, Ely and Stanground, along with a crew from Potton in Bedfordshire, attended the incident, in Meadow Lane.
Crews were called to attend at about 4.15am.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Crews arrived to find a fire inside two buildings and a high level conveyer belt. Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used four hose reels to extinguish the fire before returning to their stations by 8.45am.
The incident was later re-inspected."
You may also want to watch:
An investigation determined the cause of the fire to be accidental.
- 1 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 4 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 7 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 8 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl