Fire crews deal with arson incident at derelict building
- Credit: Archant
Four fire crews rushed to tackle a blaze at a derelict building in Yaxely in a case of arson.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to an old mushroom farm, in Station Road, just after 4pm yesterday (Monday).
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, along with a specialist appliance and water shuttle were sent to extinguish the fire.
Station commander Gavin Hammond said the cause was arson and warned: “Deliberate fires put lives at risk.”
Crews returned to their stations at about 9.21pm, with some visiting the building this morning (Tuesday) to inspect the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the fire service added that crews from Ramsey, Stanground, Dogsthorpe and Whittlesey were called to the incident.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry