Fire crews called to deal with blaze at Old Bridge Hotel
- Credit: Archant
A fire at the Old Bridge Hotel, in Huntingdon, on Monday evening started in a chimney, it has been confirmed.
Crews from Huntingdon and St Neots were called to the hotel on Castle Moat Road at 4.53pm after reports of a blaze at the building.
A statement from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service read: "Firefighters arrived to find a fire involving a chimney at the Old Bridge Hotel. They extinguished the fire and checked for hot spots using a thermal imaging camera, before returning to their stations by 7pm."
The fire service says the cause of the fire was accidental.
A fire service spokesman said: "Please ensure that you get your chimney swept regularly, at least once a year. This will remove any build-up of material that can cause a fire to spread through the chimney."
You may also want to watch:
More information about chimney fire safety can be found on our website www.cambsfire.gov.uk.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash