Fire crews called to chimney fire in Huntingdonshire village

FIREFIGHTERS have issued a warning to homeowners after they were called to a chimney on fire in a Huntingdonshire village.

A crew from St Ives arrived at the house in Pound Road, Hemingford Grey, shortly after 5.30pm on January 3. They returned to their fire station an hour later after extinguishing the fire.

A fire service spokesperson said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter